|Katie Mueller's Departure from G A B (11-02-2012).pdf||42.7 KB|
It is with sadness and regret that I share the news that at the close of business on Friday, November 2, Katie Mueller will end her six-year tenure with the Government Accountability Board. On Monday, November 5, Katie will be joining the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, State Patrol, as a Grants Specialist.
Katie has performed exceptionally in many different roles as an Elections Specialist with the former State Elections Board and its successor, the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board (G.A.B.). Over the years, she achieved the goal of being the only G.A.B. staff person who excelled in educating, training and providing technical assistance in all of program areas administered by the G.A.B. These education and training included:
- Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS);
- Election Administration for Municipal Clerks and Chief Inspectors;
- Special Registration Deputies (this Statewide program was sunset by the Legislature in 2011),
- Wisconsin Election Data Collection System (WEDCS);
- The Federal Military and Overseas Empowerment (MOVE) Act, and Wisconsin 2011 Act 75; and,
- Making presentations at numerous meetings of the Wisconsin County Clerk Association, the Wisconsin Municipal Clerk Association and its eight District meetings, and the Wisconsin Towns Association.
In addition, Katie effectively and successfully managed the 2012 review and certification of almost two million petition signatures for the recall of the State’s Governor, Lieutenant Governor and four State Senators. Further, she led a successful grant application development effort that resulted in Wisconsin and the G.A.B. being awarded a $1.9 million grant from the U. S. Department of Defense, Federal Voting Assistance Program, to improve voter services to the State’s Military and Overseas Voters. The development and launching of the comprehensive MyVoteWisconsin website is the one major deliverable of that grant and it has become a significant tool for both voters and local election officials during this election.
Many of you, I am sure, have had the pleasure of working with Katie. If you wish to send her well wishes, until the close of business on Friday, November 2, she may be reached at (608) 267-7890, or at Katie.Mueller@wi.gov.
Commencing Monday, November 5, all communications that you would normally direct to Katie, please address them to the G.A.B. HelpDesk at (608) 261-2028, or at GABHelpDesk@wi.gov. Thank you.